Hunting laws have been put in place to regulate the hunting of wildlife and to protect endangered species from being over-hunted. However, some hunting laws are so ridiculous that they defy common sense. In this article, we’ll take a look at some of the most absurd hunting laws that have been put into place.
- No Hunting Whales from a Moving Vehicle: In Tennessee, it is illegal to hunt whales from a moving vehicle. The problem with this law is that Tennessee is a landlocked state and has no coastline. The law was likely created as a joke, but it remains on the books to this day.
- No Hunting in Your Pajamas in Illinois: In Illinois, it is illegal to hunt in your pajamas. While this law may seem silly, it was put into place to prevent hunters from being lazy and not properly preparing for their hunt.
- No Hunting in Cemeteries: In Pennsylvania, it is illegal to hunt in a cemetery. While it may seem like common sense to most people, this law had to be put into place due to reports of hunters using cemeteries as a place to shoot deer.
- No Hunting with a Lion in Oklahoma: In Oklahoma, it is illegal to hunt with a lion. While this may seem like an unusual law, it was put into place to prevent people from using lions to intimidate and kill wildlife.
- No Hunting with a Ferret: In the United Kingdom, it is illegal to hunt rabbits with a ferret. This law was put into place in the 19th century to prevent poachers from using ferrets to flush out rabbits from their burrows.
- No Hunting with a Tank: In South Africa, it is illegal to hunt with a tank. This law was put into place after reports of hunters using tanks to shoot animals from a distance.
While some of these laws may seem absurd, they were put into place to ensure the safety of both hunters and wildlife. As a responsible hunter, it is important to follow all hunting laws and regulations to preserve the sport and ensure its future.